Παρασκευή 2 Μαΐου 2008

62nd Tour de Romandie - Switzerland, April 29-May 4, 2008

Stage 2 - May 1: Moutier - Fribourg, 170.0km
Rockin' Robbie McEwen gets 2008 win
Australia's Robbie McEwen of Silence-Lotto took his first win of the season, capturing a sprint finish in Fribourg ahead of Italy's Daniele Bennati (Liquigas) and Denmark's Matti Breschel (CSC). Swiss Michael Albasini (Liquigas) kept the leader's jersey.

The stage was marked by a three-man breakaway. Rémy Di Gregorio (Française des Jeux), José Luis Arrieta (AG2R La Mondiale) and Ian McKissick (BMC Racing Team) took off four kilometres into the race, and the last of them, Di Gregorio, wasn't captured until there were only eight kilometres left. That opened up the way for the mass sprint.

The Australian called his win "very satisfactory, because it is the first of the seaon after a few rather difficult months. I crashed in February, then I got sick. The Tour de Romandie was really the race where I had sworn to myself that I would return at my best level. It is very enouraging for the Giro."

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: