Κυριακή 12 Μαΐου 2013

Tom Waits Sings and Tells Stories in Vienna


''The film begins at a derelict gas station. A paper sign, peeling from the wall, warns in German that open flames and smoking are dangerous and strictly forbidden. In walks Tom Waits, smoking a cigarette.

“This reminds me of a place I used to work in National City, California, called Spotco Self Service,” Waits says as he leans against a pump. “I worked for a gentleman named Charles Spotco. I was always late for work. I used to stay out at night. I’d come dragging to work, used to get there about ten-thirty in the morning. He’d chew me out and scream at me for being late. He always said I’d never amount to nothing. I never thought I’d be standing in a gas station in Vienna Austria. If I’d of told him that one day, Spotco, I’ll be leaning on a gas pump at a gas station in Vienna Austria, he would have said you gotta be out of your mind.”


The scene is from Tom Waits: A Day in Vienna, a half-hour Austrian TV film shot on April 19, 1979, and shown above in its entirety. Filmmakers Rudi Dolezal and Hannes Rossacher approached ''
..........................................................................................................


...from https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sp3G50jBRuU#at=50

Αφορμή για την ανάρτηση στάθηκε η αγαπημένη φίλη Δέσποινα Μ. η οποία μου κοινοποίησε το σύνδεσμο. Την ευχαριστώ πολύ.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: